Saturday, November 8, 2014

Personal Digest Saturday: November 1 – November 7

Life news this week: 
  • Pitch Wars! Mentee Megan and Alternate Natalka both got two requests for their manuscripts. For some reason Megan got two partial requests and Natalka got two full requests. Very excited for them. I spent a lot of time sneaking around refreshing the results pages to see if agents had bid on them and celebrating on Twitter when they did, plus a long night of DMs with my mentee and some supportive e-mails with my alternate.
  • I also helped my friend Heather with her query and she submitted to agents for the first time this week. It was a very nervous week for my writer pals! So many late nights talking through little things!
  • On Saturday I got to go out to Olive Garden with my mom and we ate a bunch of junk. It was a nice little evening out. So glad to spend time with her.
  • I sent my science fiction romance book, Stupid Questions, to two test readers, and I guess after they finish reacting to it, I'll be almost ready to send it to my agent!
  • I got to talk to Fred on the phone this week. Caught up a bunch and at the end I was honestly just rambling about books and publishing. I talk too much. I got my apartment redecorated for the last harvest season too. People are ready to think about Christmas but it still looks like Halloween in my apartment and it will until the solstice, because that's how I roll.
  • Book club met this week. We read and discussed John Sandford's Rules of Prey and then went out for food at Westshore Pizza.
  • I ate at Five Guys with Jeaux this week. Then we went to my place and chatted and watched the newest Legend of Korra episode.
New reviews of my book:

            Places featured:
            • YourTango has an article discussing asexuality awareness. It's written by Chris from Pleasure Mechanics, who interviewed me previously, and draws on my book and my interview with frequent references.
            • Charlotte Elemental: My mentee Megan Paasch is #56 in Pitch Wars. You can see the agents commenting on her requesting her stuff!
            • Pitch Wars Adult Alternates: You can see Natalka's entry at lucky #7, and you can see the agents in the comments bidding on her!
            • The Asexual Agenda mentioned me twice in the linkspam this week--once for my YourTango article and once for a rant I wrote on Tumblr called "Don't 'Science' My Orientation."
            • I'm in the Current Submissions List over at Lambda Literary; I'm being considered for a book award in LGBT Nonfiction. (This is everyone who applied, so it's not something I earned; it's just cool to see.)
            Reading progress:

            New singing performances:

            Here I'm singing "You Learn" by Alanis Morissette. I do a decent Alanis impression.


             
            New drawings:



            Webcomic Negative One Issue 0495: "For the Game."

            New videos:

            None this week.

            New photos:  
            When I try to wear eye makeup, I look like I auditioned
            and was rejected for Jem and the Holograms.

            Social media counts:
            YouTube subscribers: 4,027 for swankivy (16 new this week), 400 for JulieSondra (6 new). Twitter followers: 580 for swankivy (4 new), 770 for JulieSondra (8 new). Facebook: 272 friends (no change) and 149 followers (no change) for swankivy, 491 likes for JulieSondra (5 new), 48 likes for Negative One (no change), 85 likes for So You Write (no change). Tumblr followers: 1,673 (17 new).

            No comments:

            Post a Comment